[Loch-Ruadh] Congratulations Marion

Kazimierz Złowieszczy kazoflr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:21:38 PST 2009

Congratulations to our own Marion Fay Holms, who as of this month's LOAR
(Letters of Acceptances and Returns) has a name registered with the Society
College of Arms.

In a side note to those interested in SCA Heraldry, the Society level of
Heralds registered Marion's name per her originally submitted spelling, not
as the spelling changed by Kingdom and submitted in the LoI (Letter of
Intent). I have copied the portion of the LOAR pertaining to Marion's
registration and placed it below.

*"Listed on the LoI as **Marion Fay**e** Holms**, the name was originally
submitted as **Marion Fa**y** Holms**, and changed in kingdom to match the
available documentation. The given name **Fay**, in this spelling, can be
dated to 1582 in the baptism of **Fay Everat**, in Blyton, Lincoln. We have
changed the name back to the originally submitted form, which is
registerable on the basis of this new documentation."*
*
*
Congrats Marion!!!!

--