[Loch-soilleir] it's a good day to fight

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 17:40:09 PDT 2007

In a message dated 6/5/2007 6:41:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
drwise at houston.rr.com writes:

I'm  curious about your perception that I no longer show or train.
Having  been active fighting in this area for the last 17 years or so, I
won't say  that I have been perfectly consistent, but there hasn't been a
single  period over that entire time that I didn't have at least a couple
of  students, squired or not, that I was offering as much, or more
training,  than they could handle. (very conservatively, I could count at
least 4  that I am currently taking a very active hand in training, plus
several  more for melee specifically).   Especially, since I help lead
efforts to put together the regional melee unit, teach melee and have
been willing to work with everyone who shows up.  Not to mention  opening
up the shop to build or repair armor for those same folks on  additional
nights and/or weekends.  If you don't think that is taking  an active
hand in promoting fighting locally, I'm curious what your  definition is.
With regards,
Alexis

Alexis- you might re-read my post as my reference was not what the knights
of the Loch do for the Kingdom which you definetly qualify for above and
beyond,  but what is being done at the Loch fighter practices.  When the Loch was
having practice and BBQ about a year ago, I carried the wife, child and armor
to  4 different get togethers, that were well publizied, and no one showed up
to  play with.  Needless to say, I have quit trying to beat that horse ( sorry-
 bad analogy ).
  When was the last time you and your students or squires were at a  Loch
fighter practice- not a Loch-Stargate practice but a Loch practice.   My
contention is that the Loch fighter practices  have died because  everybody is doing
their own thing and not supporting the Loch  practice.
  Nothing is going to change the situation- and I see the numbers  of
fighters slowly doing a downward spiral.  How many were at the Loch  championship- 6.
 Ten years ago that number would have been doubled or  tripled.
  I am tired- just don't want to do it any more but the boy is very
interested and intent on fighting so I am staying on until I can get him  started.
  If I have offended please accept my apology.  What you do  for the Society
and the Kingdom is monumental and we are lucky to have  you. You have been and
always will be a friend of mine- nothing will change  that now and over the
years.
 I still remember you bringing Anne her Sable Crane fron a Stargate  event
and how far out of your way you went to make sure she got it.  Things  like that
are appreciated and speak volumes of your character.  Still  wondering where
mine is!
 Again- I aplogize for your name on the list but I hope you can see  where I
was coming from.
Bors