[Loch-soilleir] Traffic control - Lysts

Hedwig/Melissa honeyfrog at gmail.com
Mon May 12 06:55:17 PDT 2008

 Good afternoon Cousins

I am this year's volunteer coordinator for Lysts.  Would you mind forwarding
the below message to your baronial lists?

My thanks
Katheryn

Greetings....

I have agreed to be the BG Lysts Traffic Control Coordinator and I need to
get my team together.

The job is this...

Control the flow of traffic up and down the hill into Castleton in order to
maintain a safe and efficient flow of traffic into and out of the event
site.

While this may seem to be a minor job, it is not, as this is the access
point into and out of the site and can make or break the quality of the
event for all.

It is also one of the few things that Don Shamino (Richard) requires us to
do in order to use his wonderful lands.

So, this is a very important aspect of the event and one that can be very
rewarding as you will be the first ambassadors of Bryn Gwlad that attendees
will meet as they arrive at the event.

To do this we have a person at the top of the hill with a radio that
controls the movement of vehicles down the hill to the site until it is safe
for that vehicle(s) to descend the hill.

There is also a person at the bottom of the hill (near the toll booth and
gate) that does the reverse of vehicles going up the hill.

They communicate with each other via radios that I provide on commercial
radio frequencies.

The shifts are 2 hours each and begin at 4pm Friday and end at 12 Noon on
Saturday. There are no shifts from 1 midnight Friday until 6am Saturday.

We will have ether a pavilion (if available) at the top of the hill or you
may use your vehicle to sit in when there is no traffic to handle.

>From what I understand there will be a traffic control party at 9pm on
Friday night. I am not sure what this will entail, but I am sure it will be
grand.

Here are the shift slots, Please send me an email direct to volunteer for a
time slot. I need one at the top and one on the bottom.

Any questions contact me direct at  niklas at pbgilbert.net or 512-733-3035

I would like to have the team complete by May 28th at the latest.

In Service,
HE Niklas Vasilevich

Schedule:

Friday, May 30th
4pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:

6pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:

8pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:Baroness Katya of Loch Soilleir

10pm:
Top: Master Thomas of Tenby
Bottom:

Saturday, May 31st:
6am:
Top:
Bottom:

8am:
Top:
Bottom:

10am:
Top:
Bottom:

Again, any questions, let me know.

BTW, I will be out of town next week, but will be checking email daily and
have my cell phone.

Niklas
niklas at pbgilbert.net