ANST-Announce - Event Information--Festival of Japan

BSmif76308 at aol.com BSmif76308 at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 11:08:13 PDT 2001

Lords and Ladies take a journey to the Mysterious East as The Shire of Brad
Leah
presents “The Festival of Japan" April 20-22nd.  Please join us for a weekend
in a foreign and exotic land full of majesty and grandeur. We will have a
Chivalric List (Snow Ball Melee Oriental style two hand weapons only. No
shields), Rapier List (Swiss 5) and Sumo Wrestling. For those of a gentler
nature we will have classes and competitions. Classes will be posted at the
event.  Tentative classes will be listed below.  We will have several
competitions such as Haiku, Bard, Arts and Science, Best Japanese Persona (we
will be watching) and a Scholar's Contest. All of the Competitions will be
Japanese theme and documentation is preferred but not required.  There will
also be Children's Activities running most of the day.  As always, if any
good gentles have questions, please direct questions to the event stewards.

Tentative Classes
                    Creative Chirurgeon by Countess Allison Tymmes
                    Bonsai by Mistress Stella Silvana
                    Japanese Names and Mons by Lord Magnus von Lubeck
                    Tie Dying by Lady Helen Shirecliff
                    Kimono Making by Lady Kathleen of Stonehaven
                    Origami by Lady Melody Shaw
                    Haiku by Lord Hans Faust

The Site Fee will be $8.00 for adults, $4.00 for 6-15, and free for under 6.
Site at 5:00 on Friday and closes promptly at noon on Sunday.
Feast fee is $10.00.  Feast is served Japanese style.  You will be seated on
the floor.  We will provide carpet for diners but you might want to bring
your pillows for added comfort.  Make checks payable to SCA/Inc Shire of Brad
Leah.
No Pets.  Discreet Alcohol in period containers.  Minors must be accompanied
by a
parent or legal guardian. They must also attend with a 21 year or older adult
with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.

Cabins are all reserved. I repeat, there is no longer any cabin space.

Feast is full. You may still contact Ld Fathir to be placed on the waiting
list.

Event Stewards
Lady Gwenhuyvar (Felicia Bills)                                     Lord Hans
(Brent Smith)
(940) 851-8302 Gwenhuyvar at aol.com       (940) 322-7617 Bsmif76308 at aol.com
Cabin Reservations                                   Feast Reservations
Lady Monica (Monica Forsgren)                           Lord Fathir (Bryan
Nelson)
(940) 322-7617  Jadeiztl at aol.com            (940) 855-4090 Cbbike at aol.com
Merchant Coordinator (Jackie Cuevas)
Jacqueline von Kern
(940) 322-7617. Littlemercado at aol.com

We suggest that you take your best course to Archer City. Go west from there
on State 25 till you reach the Lake Kickapoo sign. Turn left onto a paved
road. Next, take the first left at the BOY'S CLUB sign (Boy's and Girl's
Club).  The location address for the camp is Star Route, Box 47 Holiday,
Texas.

I hope that I have answered everyone's questions.  If anyone needs
clarification on anything, please ask.

In service,
Lord Hans Faust
Co-Event Steward