[Namron] Support for all

Elizabeta of Rundel rundel_seneschal at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 16:58:20 PDT 2002

I agree fully with Lady Etinette... The issue coming
to the attention of the list was an accident, Beaux
was asking for advice, the situation is being looked
into and dealt with.  Beaux has the support of many
friends.  To continue in this thread and hash out
whether this is becoming a witch hunt, placing blame,
etc., will do nothing good, and only harm all
involved.  If you wish to offer support, do so
privately or through a good friend of hers, but I
recommend that the issue be dropped, before a snowball
becomes an avalanche.  When  (if) Beaux decides to
resubscribe to the list, she won't want to see people
picking apart the issues in her accidental post, she
will want to leave it behind and go on.  In Mundane
life I AM a counselor, and this is my professional
opinion.
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:13:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Lee McGoodwin <etienett at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Namron] Support for all.
> To: namron at ansteorra.org
>
> The only aspect of the situation we in Namron or the
> North need to deal with is to make sure that new
> members, such as Beaux, are made to *understand*
> that
> in the SCA they are safe.  A Loud "No, Thank you!"
> or
> "Leave me Alone!" or, if necessary, screaming will
> instantly bring help (unlike the mundane world).
> Any
> of these actions might be difficult for someone who
> may be in a 'victim' mode for whatever reason.
> These
> people especially need our support.
>
> As for the other part of the situation....
> That needs to be left alone by the general populace.
> ONLY Close friends, family and professional
> counselors
> need to be involved.
>
> Only my opinion.  Crucify my if you want.
>
> In Support of All People Living this Dream,
> Lady Etienett

=====
In Service to the Dream,

Lady Elizabeta
Seneschal of Rundel
Minister of Children for Margrave/Vormund