[Namron] Re: Maypole...

Epperson, Sheryl EppersS at oge.com
Wed Apr 21 11:05:06 PDT 2004

The maypole can be used as a fertility symbol.  Those who wish increased fertility hug the maypole after it has been danced and wrapped with ribbons.

The story of Namron's maypole has to do with it's effectiveness.  One year, there were at least 7 pregnancies the following year-one of them being the site caretakers wife.

As a result, many people won't have anything to do with the maypole, either before or after it's been wrapped.

They're cowards.  (in my opinion)

Annabelle