[Namron] Re: Maypole...

Sami mamasami at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 11:35:16 PDT 2004

Ashly,

I'm a newbie too, but can answer your question.  Maypole is part of ancient spring fertility rights.  the pole representing the masculine and the ribbons the feminine.  The May pole is reported to aid in...shall we say...multiplying the numbers of the populous?

As to the name...I need one too.  See my previous post where I gave up and begged for help.

Sincerely,
Sami of Maysville

Ravi Andreian Chekov <raviachekov at yahoo.com> wrote:
Okay. Can I as a really stupid question? (note: I'm a
newbie!) What is it with the maypole and why is it so
dangerous? I remember that they had us wrap ribbons
around one and dance when I was in
Kindergarten...That's about all I know. I'm very
confused...

~Ashly (Dang it I've really got to come up with a
name!)

=====
If you're a Goth, where were you when we sacked Rome?

Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.