[Namron] Guild of Camillus de Lellis

Annais de Montgomerie maleahladywait at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 19:26:36 PDT 2005

Not to harp on an already sore subject, but the title
of MoC and MoAS is "Minister", not "Master" or
"Mistress".  And to get technical, yes, those offices
are granted by the Crown, upon the recommendation of
their Kingdom level Officers.  The title of Minister
is granted by the Crown when the Crown signs the
warrant. Master and Mistress are generally reserved
for peerages. FYI.

I can't say as I particularly like the idea of the
Guild, not that I am saying it is wrong.  I just don't
like the idea of it.

My point being that most people who have what some
would consider a disability/handicap in the mundane
world, are not considered to have such in Society.  We
(or at least I and most of my friends) have treated
everyone the same in this game, to the point of
telling Mairin to push with her legs to get in the
car, looking for Sir Kief's other boot, letting Anya
"run" over our feet, and telling Dagmar she's driving
us home, just to site a few examples.

By your calling attention to such matters that we
don't see, you seem to me to be saying that these
people, such as yourself, deserve special compensation
and attention.  Noone likes things like that shoved
down their throats, and that is how it seemed to me.

And from my experince in the SCA, that is what my
friends (especially those with what would be
considered a "disability") don't want.  They play this
game to get away from all the politically correct
bull, all the "oh, poor you" stares, basically all the
daily mundane crap one deals with if they have a
noticable different physical appearance/impediment.
And the glorius thing about the SCA is that we accept
them for who they are and what they contribute to this
game; not based on how they look, how they make
themselves mobile, or what ever thing makes them
different.  (If that were the case, I would certainly
qualify, what with all the bad puns, crazy antics,
blunt and to the point commentary, as most anyone
would attest.)

I don't consider anyone in this game to have an
"affliction", unless they do not fully use the mental
capacity and common sense that God gave them.  And,
yes, I have been known from time to time, to have such
an "affliction".  And because of this, I have a
scarlet letter...funny thing that, because it is an
"A" as well (get it??? "A", affliction; An "A",
Annais.  It's a joke son, you're supposed to laugh).

I know you feel as if you've been shot down.  And you
might have been.  But if I can make one
reccommendation:  get your ducks in a row before
hearding them down the road.  This way, when they
scatter, they just might scatter in the way you want
them to go.

Sincerely,
Annais