[Namron] Event list

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:26:23 PDT 2006

> Unlike your other comparisons, this one is required by law.

Isobel, again, show me which law.  ADA does not apply to the Society.

> They are trying to sound an alarm bell BEFORE this bites the SCA square on
> the butt. Doing what you suggest above is enough to get the SCA in enough
> trouble to lose their 501(c)3 status.

I'm sorry.  Are you really suggesting that people who are opening their
mouths and complaining about this have the SCA's best interests at heart?
Really?  And our corporate officers are completely ignoring it, when they
have a requirement to be concerned about things in the Society's best
interests?  Can we allow that some people may be speaking on behalf of
themselves?

And if someone is going to sue through the ADA, how would that endanger our
non-profit status?  The ADA doesn't provide for financial
compensation...only injuctive relief (the court says to fix it).

Would you rather we all kept our mouths shut and let someone sue the SCA ?
> Then, folks would be screaming about not knowing and not being warned.
> Well, the SCA has been warned -- in spades.  It is now time for them to act
> before it costs them a lawsuit, tons of $$ that could be used to play the
> game, and their non-profit status.

Then I think someone should get an attorney and do so.  There is not
legislative or case law that applies here, and there won't be until someone
sues.

Care,
Bubba