[Namron] Info about Beltane

Rose & Chad love at roseandchad.net
Thu May 15 08:47:09 PDT 2008

Actually, not all of the contestants got to practice. My little boy didn't get to practice, even though adults with experience were able to do so. There were about two people in front of him in line when the Queen arrived and the line was separated into groups for the actual competition.

Jacqueline Reynolds <jacqueline_reynolds at cox.net> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                I just wanted to point out (from being the Beltane co-autocrat this year) that we did incorporate a practice session this year for the spang hewing competition.  Each person received several tries to throw the spang at the targets during the practice round.  The one thing we didn’t do this year was the free-form spang hewing.  That sounds like it would have been really fun.  I wish we would have included the free-form hewing on Saturday, but it just slipped our minds.  I hope whoever is next year’s autocrat will incorporate it into their schedule.

  I plan to autocrat an event again in the future, so believe me
I’m taking notes of all comments.  It’s very helpful to here comments from everyone.

  Lady Jacqueline