[Namron] Lock on the Privy

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Mar 25 09:54:39 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:52:16AM -0500, Jacq Ball wrote:
> All us geeks know about that technique for bypassing biometric
> authentication. It's standard cyber yakuza stuff.
>
> But let's return to the practical issue that combo locks are a pain.
> Imagine this:
>
> You have been enjoying your turkey legs and funnel cake.
>
> Everything is just great until...Suddenly, you have an urgent need to
> get into the privy!! You run to the privy and are greeted with the
> combo lock. You try the combo, and it doesn't work. Was it
> right-left-right or left-right-left? Did you enter it wrong? Maybe you
> went two increments too far in one direction: 10-32-12 instead of
> 10-30-12.
>
> It always seems like those things are finicky and tricky to use.
> Anybody ever try to open the combo lock on Dunchadh's trailer?
>
> If we have to have a combo lock, it might be better to do one of the
> ones with three rotating wheels so you don't have to start over on
> each failed attempt.
>
> Also. What if someone locks it from the outside while you're in there?

I learned about _that_ a _long_ time back.

Lock it *OPEN*, so that it can't be locked shut, and use the standard
latch on the door. There _is_ a standard latch on the door, yes?

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO