[Namron] October 2011 Namron Officer Meeting Notes

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:14:47 PDT 2011

Notes from Namron's Officers Meeting 10/17/11 at Hidden Castle 7:30pm

*Seneschal:* Just finished up with Protectorate. The event went well,
things did run smoothly. We have the Chivalric Marshal position open and
the A & S Minister position open till December Populace meeting. We will
have a BAM planning meeting at 7pm on Friday October 21st at Baronessa
Caterina's house.

*Treasurer:* We still have a few expenses that need to come out, but I
have the checkbook balanced and the total is $10,136.90. At Protectorate
there were 102 feast sold with a profit of $116 from feast. The tavern
brought in $989 with the expense of $572 left a profit of $417 from
tavern. I have the list of the budgets for each of the officers; I will
pass around and let me know if anyone has anything different that they
need. Also, here is the financial policy that will need to be submitted
by the end of October for the next year. The financial committee can
meet after this meeting, to discuss the financial policy and budgets.

*Archery Marshal:* We are getting more participation at archery
practices. Thank you to Laurence of the Greenwood for the fun shoot and
royal rounds at Protectorate. We also had the Royal Huntsman at
Protectorate, that went extremely well J there was also combat archery
and several new people were able to try it out. At Axeman in November
there will be archery and thrown weapons championships.

*Chronicler:* reports are in, the Plume looked great. Any submission
will be due to me by this Friday October 21st to go in the November
Plume, so please send them to me.

*Chivalric Marshal:* At Protectorate we had 22 fighters with the
Champion being Centurion Morgan Black dragon. This Sunday October 23rd
from noon to 4pm there will be an armoring day at my house, 2200 SW 77th
Place OKC OK 73159. I urge anyone interested in making armor or any
other projects to come out.

*Rapier Marshal: *At Protectorate we had 14 fighters, with 6 of them
being from Namron/Wiesenfeuer. Lord Jacq was the Rapier Champion. We had
3 fighters to receive the Ascia Rossa award. We are working on format
for Samhain, where Namron will be hosting the rapier portion of the
Baroness Toy Tourney. We will also have rapier at Axeman.

*Hospitaler: *went to HE Adena's and picked up tons and tons of material
and garments to go in the loaner garb. I will be going through and
organizing and putting in sets. Bucello did an excellent job on the
racks. I think they looked great at Protectorate and were put to use.

*Webminister:* not present

*Herald:* not present

*MOC: *not present

*A & S Minister: *not present

*Baronessa:* We will be having the Baroness Toy Tourney at Eldern Hill's
Samhain this year October 28-30th. It is a toy drive for toys for tots.
There will be chivalric, archery and rapier. Namron will be sponsoring
the rapier, which will be a Zombie theme tourney. The group that gets
the most toys wins and keeps the banner for the toy tourney. To enter
the competition you must have a toy, unwrapped, for your entry fee. You
can also just bring toys to donate to your favorite barony. We have
Axeman coming up the 2nd weekend of November, they will have rapier,
thrown weapons, archery, A & S, chivalric and bardic champions. We had a
siege practice this past Sunday with 20+ participants. We will be having
another siege practice the Sunday of Axeman at Camp Cimarron. I would
like to talk about doing demo's at the movie theater with new movies
coming out that have medieval theme to them.

*Jason:* whom do I need to talk to about getting a blue print for the
trebuchet? I have extra lumber at my work, that I could possible build
one. Alexander stated that Wolfgang has the siege weapons right now and
he will probably be making a blue print. So check with him.

*Vincenti:* Sam ap Dewi this past weekend shot a 126 on royal rounds
with his crossbow. He is going for a Ludicrous Bowman status, which is a
Royal Round average of 120 and above. It has been 2 years ago since
anyone in the SCA Known World has made that status.