[Namron] Populace Meeting Notes April 3, 2012

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:26:52 PDT 2012

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please include me in
the reply so I can keep a corrected copy for my records.
YIS,

Margherita
Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting 4/03/12
West Wind Unitarian Universalist Congregation

Meeting began at 7:35pm

*Baronessa*: Hello everyone, hope you are all starting to recover from
the weekend.  I want to thank everyone for doing such an awesome job at
Medfair.  Everyone came together and worked their butts off. I really
appreciate all your effort and I know that I can count on you all. We do
need to remember that we do still need to cover up all mundanity when we
are at events and demos. We can do this by throwing a cloak or piece of
material over our mundane stuff. We also need to be aware that many
times we are getting pictures taken of us at demos and we want to be
appropriate.

I'm sure you have seen the new coronet.  I commissioned Master
Aethelstan to make this point and pearl coronet. Since the other points
and pearls were lost in the trailer that was stolen. The other one we
have is very heavy and this is much lighter when you wear it all day
long. This coronet was paid for with baronial funds. I will leave it up
to HE Orlando whether to have another made to match when he comes back.
As far as the stolen trailer and what was replaced, the Seneschal and I
have both investigated and spoke with both the Kingdom Treasurer and
Kingdom Seneschal concerning this matter and they feel this is a dead
issue, that their questions have been answered. If you still have
questions, please contact Margherita or myself with those questions.
Also the Kingdom Seneschal said to feel free and contact her directly.

We will be having the newcomers meeting next Tuesday April 10th at
6:30pm here at the church, also at the same time we will be having the
monthly A&S night with nalbinding being taught by HL Annais.

Over the next month, I will be attending several events, this weekend I
plan on being at Glaslyn and will have the 12X12 available for anyone to
share, just bring your chair.  Next, I will be at Wiesenfeuer Baronial
and will have The Calm in the Storm Pavilion available. Also there will
be a newcomers encampment and I plan on camping in it. Then we have
coronation coming up also.

Charles of Portsmouth please introduce the newcomers you have with you:
Ian, Mandy and Axe. Actually they talked with Abdullah first and then he
brought them to me, I took them to the Open A&S last night and they had
a wonderful time.

*Seneschal*: The position for webminister is closed, we do have 3
applicants, I am waiting to hear from Kingdom Webminister as to who our
new webminister will be. We have our new Hospitaler, Lady Sybilla. She
did a wonderful job with the Medfair.

I do have a couple of concerns that need to be addressed. Children must
be watched by their parent or designated adult at all times. If they are
under 12 they are to be within sight and sound.  I have had a couple of
instances where this is not happening. I need to make sure everyone
understands that if you bring your children to an SCA event or a demo,
there must be a designated adult or parent that is watching them at all
times. We also need to watch ourselves and conduct ourselves in a kind
and courteous manner, which includes dressing appropriately, controlling
our children, and we should not be having loud outbursts and arguments
with others. If you have a problem, you need to take it somewhere else.
We will be having a Medfair wrap up after the Pop meeting tonight.

*Treasurer*: Current balance in the checking account is $6,507.64.  The
total cost for Medfaire is $701.34 and we usually get paid $400, so I
wanted you all to know that we are $301.34 in the red for this demo. I
was in the hospitality tent this year and I want you to know that I had
several of the children that helped me out with taking of the trays
around to the various tents and also taking water and Gatorade around.

*A&S Minister*: Nalbinding class next Tuesday at 6:30pm here at the
church. The May 8th A&S class will be Baroness Annabelle teaching inkle
weaving. She will have looms for people who don't have one, but you need
to contact her or myself and let us know that you need one by the 30th
of April. Also, she will sell them to you if you need one for $10. The
June A&S will be Baroness Gwyneth with embroidery as a class. I will be
stepping down in June. So we will be accepting applications from now
until the May officers meeting for anyone interested in my position.
Send an application to HE Caterina, Lady Margherita, and the Northern
Regional A&S Minister.

*Rapier Marshal*: I am Senor Lorenzo, Rapier Marshal; we had a good turn
out this weekend. Don Timothy and Dona Teresa were available and
teaching many of us cut and thrust. Our hope is to by next Med Fair we
will be able to add in the cut and thrust into the demo. Our regular
scheduled practice is 7pm on Tuesday at Sellers Park. But next Tuesday
we will be having our rapier practice here at the church to coincide
with the newcomers meeting. Also, about Bardic, it is on the 1st and 3rd
Thursday at my house at 7:30pm, except for this Thursday due to mundane
issues.

*Baroness Gwyneth*: Here in Norman, at the Firehouse Arts Station on
Flood, businesses can donate and get a "duck". I know they have cows in
Chicago and Penguins in Tulsa and Buffalo in OKC. But we have an
opportunity to get a "duck" donated by the SCA and I was thinking we
might want to illuminate on it to represent us.  I will follow up and
get more information.

*Archery Marshal*: We have practices on Sundays from 1-3pm we will be
having practice this coming Sunday, even though it is Easter Sunday.
Maybe we might have some zombie bunnies to shoot. Come out and enjoy.
Hospitaler: we had 69 signatures on the sign up sheet. I spent all day
making phone calls and sending emails. I have separated these out and
will give them to the various people, scribal, rapier etc. We made 600
of the streamers and the children really enjoyed them.  We will be
having the newcomers meeting next Tuesday at 6:30pm here at the church.

*Beltane Autocrat*: We will be having the Namron Games (Beltane)
planning meeting on Thursday April 12th at 7:30pm at Margherita's house
(2604 SW 91st OKC, OK 73159). Anyone interested in helping please come
to the meeting.

*Medfair Coordinator*: We will be having a meeting directly after Pop to
find out what people liked and didn't liked etc. They already have the
date for next year, it will be April 5-7th, I want to thank everyone for
their hard work.

*Mastir Tadhg*: We will be having Thursday fighter practice again at the
Norman High Common at 6:30pm. We have heavy and light fighting
available. Come to the east door.

*Baronessa*: Also the heavy practice is on Wednesday at 7pm at Sellers
park in OKC where Namron and Wiesenfeuer hold a joint practice.

Meeting ended 8:15pm