NR - Re: NR Warlord vs. Tribute

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Aug 29 15:38:01 PDT 2000

At 01:37 PM 8/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't see the need for a regional Warlord (or Champion, or archer, or
>knife/axe/spear or any of the other titles that have proliferated since the
>original concept began), as I believe that it should be the prerogative of
>the Crown who leads our forces or competes in a specific area.
>
>As Kat stated, opinions are worth what you pay for them, but that's mine. (I
>don't know if my cats would agree with me, but the dogs are perfect
>sycophants as long as I'm holding the Milk Bones).
>
>Aelfwyn

I think you would find that most Crowns have been very happy to have a
Northern Army leader that they can coordinate through at Gulf Wars.   One
point that I think needs to be made is that the concept of the Northern
Regional Warlord developed in parallel.  First, was the warlord tourney
idea that Johann and Thorvald were working on that would have been an
unofficial "War Champion" of the North.  Independent of this was the
Kingdom Warlord tourney held during HRM Mahadi's reign.  At that event His
Majesty appointed a sub-warlord for each region in the Kingdom to help the
Kingdom Warlord prepare the kingdom for Gulf Wars.  The first Northern
warlord was my squire Talen.  Talen sought out His majesties permission to
place his new title on the line at the upcoming NR Warlord event, something
he did not have to do.  Mahadi agreed and through skill and a little luck
Talen won his title back at the event.  Thus the die was set for how we
have tried to choose our Warlords over the past 4 years.  I think that the
concept must be fine tuned but that the need for a Warlord is still there
as strong as ever.

Burke