NR - Tribute and Warlord

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Wed Aug 30 11:07:50 PDT 2000

At 12:52 PM 8/30/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>My thoughts on the regional seneschal's role were more in the area of
>getting the date on the calendar & making sure that we get a sponsoring
>group(s) in timely fashion. I wouldn't wish an autocrating job on *any*
>seneschal; they're quite busy enough (been there, done that, ain't goin'
>back).
>
>Aelfwyn

That is exactly the role the was envisioned when the regional seneschal got
involved last year.  I think that it is very important that the
coordinating group be allowed as much latitude as is possible when planning
the event.  The only restrictions that I would place are that the event has
to stay a fund raiser for the kingdom, that all groups in the northern
region be given a chance to participate actively, and that, if we keep the
date in February, a war college be hosted.  I understand the comments about
the War college dominating part of the event but I would point out that
sizable part of out attendance is because of the War college and that it is
has been a part of the event for 6 years.

Burke