NR - Raffles (legal)

Nolen Dale fairborn at swbell.net
Thu Feb 15 22:02:53 PST 2001

  HE Gitana wrote:At 12:38 AM 2/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Burke, it would seem that your boss and my boss disagree. I spent six hours
>today with *very* knowledgeable people trying to find a way to do this and
>obey the law.  I gave them every scenario that has been given here.  In the
>end I was told *again* that there is no legal way for us to do this as a
>drawing/raffle (by any name) and not be breaking the law.  Money is being
>given in exchange for a ticket for a chance to determine what prize is won.

Key word is chance. There is no chance involved if there are no losers and
everyone receives a prize.

So lets all go to Northern Regional Tribute, donate to our kingdom and all
come out winners with prizes for all who donate.

Richard Fairbourne

In Service to the Dream

Master Richard Fairbourne , OP
Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra