[NR] a simple misunderstanding

Maleah maleah at mmcable.com
Sun Jul 22 19:58:13 PDT 2001

Greetings to the North,
    I am sorry my earlier post was viewed with such mixed reactions. It was
not my intention by word or deed to attack HE Catrin. I applaud her for
making a suggestion for the arch. I was simply disagreeing with that
suggestion. Her Majesty has charged the 4 sets of  Landeds to see that the
arch is built. We look forward to working with Eldern on this project.
Discussion as to style and content is necessary to put this project
together. I do not want to see a roll of the dead on this arch, but, if
that's what the majority of the people want that's what I'll help make.
    I am very sorry if any of my words were taken as a slap at Northkeep.
Again, this was not my intention. Her Majesty specifically told us Sat.
evening that she wanted the premier use of the arch to be at Northkeep's
investiture. I would like to see their Investiture be as beautiful for them
as ours was  for us. I feel like the arch can help make this happen. No
other motivation or intent was meant by my post. I take no joy in the pain
of my many friends in Northkeep. It wounds my heart to see you going through
this very painful time. I have offered to several of you in Northkeep my
personal support and the support of my Barony, where appropriate. I hereby
make that public, if you have need of me, or my Barony,  you have but to
call and we will do our best to help you.
    We must stop looking for malintent with every post. Open discussion
means agreeing on somethings, disagreeing on somethings and compromising for
the final product. This is what must happen if the North is to heal and
grow. We, as in every person in the North, must agree to look for the
positive and not the negative.
    If you have a problem with my words at any time, please, talk to me and
I'll explain to the best of my ability what my intentions were. E-mail is
very cut and dried and very easy to misunderstand because of that. I am a
very straight-forward person and at times can be very blunt. This means that
sometimes I am misunderstood as to motivation. Let me say again, I was not
attacking HE Catrin or Northkeep and my apologies if my bluntness led any to
think so.

Maleah
Baroness of Namron