[NR] Sir Burk- challenge of peace

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Sun Jul 22 21:55:20 PDT 2001

At 07:38 PM 7/22/2001 -0500, Ivo wrote:
>Sir Burk
>
>I too read Maleah's E-mail, and I would like to say, both you you and others
>out here that the use of the word's "combative", "offensive" and the like
>are getting a little out of hand Every time I see an e-mail on the list
>these days, someone considers it in some way or another, insulting,
>offensive, or out of line. Well, guess what, I am going to join in the foray
>and say that I think the words are being a little overused and misused.

Ivo,

I never said that HE Maleah's post was offensive and resent you painting me
that way.  Her post was not offensive in any way.  I was unaware of the
meeting the HE Kat spoke of.  So I could not have know that HRM was the one
wanting the arch to be at Northkeep's investiture first.  Perhaps the words
"somewhat combative" was the wrong way to characterize HE Maleah's post and
if it has upset anyone, I am sorry for that.  While she and I may disagree
on issues from time to time, I know that it was neither of our intents to
harm anyone with our posts.  The concept of the arch can work to benefit
people all over the north and I applaud Aelfwyn's post suggesting expanding
the meaning of the arch.  The only concern that I have with rolling out the
arch at Northkeep's investiture is that it is on Thanksgiving
weekend.  Many people may not be able to attend this event due to
scheduling conflicts with the holiday.  I know that it is the only time TRM
have to do the investiture and applaud them for giving up their weekend.  I
would suggest that perhaps since the arch would be a living symbol that
will grow and change with time, having it at a number of northern events
would allow more people the greatest opportunity to see and interact with
it.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Sir Burke