[NR] Memories, apologies, wishes, and a challenge

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Tue Jun 5 19:02:04 PDT 2001

Heroes admit when they can do things differently.
Heroes share their true feelings even when it's scary.
Heroes know that the only thing they can change is themselves.
Heroes know they are the ones who should set an example.
Gunhilda whether you believe it or not you are a hero.
I know when you are ready you will be in service again.

Grieving takes people different paths.  Your grieving a loss, when you are
ready you will work through it.  And with grieving comes fear... the fear
that things will never be good again.  It will be good again.... It just has
to heal first.

I am not so naïve as to think that forgiveness is a path that many,
if any, will follow.  It's not an easy one to take, certainly not so
easy as to hold on to righteous indignation, resentment, and
anger.  You know, to err is human, to forgive divine.  The latter
is the easier route; forgiveness the more heroic, and we have
proven again and again that we're more human than heroic.
Why should that change now?  I honestly don't expect it will.
But, you know, I am a very bitter old baroness, and I challenge
you all to prove me wrong.  I'd love to believe in heroes again.

YIS (Yours in Spirit, since I no longer claim Service),
Gunhilda