[NR] Thoughts on Med Fair

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Thu Feb 14 22:42:49 PST 2002

Aela said:
> In honest truth, the good old days were not always so good.  Factionalism
has
> existed in the north from the beginning; as indeed, it exists throughout
the SCA
> as a whole.  The game survives in spite of that.  At times, we can put
gossip
> and tittle aside and look to the common good, rising above our
differences.  At
> times, we cannot.  It is a choice we make.  It is up to each of us to make
that
> choice.

Thank you.

Thought #1:
Things really were brighter and sunnier in the past.  But not because *they*
were different from now.  It is because *our* eyesight grows dimmer as we
age.

Thought #2:
Applying a schedule to the SCA is like trying to balance a shot glass on a
cat.  It works until they notice it.

Thought #3:
Why does everything always have to come in threes?

Thought #4 (so there!):
I hope folks come out to Medieval Faire.  There's a minimum of a couple of
hours of heavy fighting every day, probably more, with some breaks in there.
Same for rapier.  Folks get a chance to talk about their favorite history
topics to anyone who will listen.  You get your picture taken by
*everybody*.  You can even dance in armor (I know, and almost have the scars
to prove it).  And most importantly, when you get a break, there's funnel
cake!  You come home tired, windburned, hoarse, and happy.  Got something to
do that weekend that tops all this?

Ulf, Baron of Namron