[NR] Army of Heroes,Northern Chapter

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 07:01:19 PDT 2002

> But as to the name of the north, Whats wrong with just
> screaming "Ansteorra"
> along with the rest of the Kingdom?

Ivo, I *really* like the way you think ;-)

However, there are quite a few recognized fighting groups in the North (WolfStar, Tribe, Liondragon, Northkeep, etc. - just to name the ones I know).  If any single commander wants the attention of all of them, a call word isn't a bad idea.  Personally, I didn't have a problem with "North" last year.  It seemed to be what the rest of the Kingdom was doing and made me feel like a part of the whole: i.e. the "Northern Army" fought alongside the "Southern Army" (and the "Coastal" etc...).

Personally, I don't think it matters what word we use.  Not much is ever going to be heard over the din of battle.

If the Northern Ansteorran army really wants a name to rally behind, perhaps the commanders of the individual war units might get together and find something that the entire Northern Army is comfortable with.  Something that represents us all.  I'd make the suggestion that it not be a word or phrase that might even remotely be perceived as "political" or already belonging to a specific group (i.e. wolves, gryphons, liondragons, etc.).  But that's just a suggestion.