[NR] Army of Heroes,Northern Chapter

Ivo Blackhawk ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 23 10:25:36 PDT 2002

Im with her excelency on a number of points, but Asoph and others have
pointed out that we DO need some name to rally on (hearing tales of Calontir
call a "Rally on Purple" in the middle of an enemy battlefield was
amusing=suddenly an ARMY materialized out of noware in the enemy backfield
:)  )

I dont have an sugestions on specific names, but Might I sugest that we poke
around some peroid languages. "Army of heros," "army of the north",
"North-army".... might sound really sharp in french, norwegian, german, or
even spanish...(see me shruging) we might even try the lord up in Calontir
who teaches latin, he had some really good phrases like :

"this is a very good plan, this plan can't possible fail twice"

anyway, I fully agree with Asoph on the point of our needing a name to set
up apart. I still think we as an army should scream "ansteorra" when we
start smashing Trimarians, but being able to isolate your troops for orders
is indeed an important aliment.

>Ivo, I *really* like the way you think ;-)

Thanks :)

>Personally, I don't think it matters what word we use.  Not much is ever
>going to be heard over the din of battle.

I have to disagree on this point. Once we engage, your absolutely right, but
before the lines meet, there is a lot of oportunity to manuver to an
advantagious point, I think that is what Asoph and the rest are thinking of.

and then there are the after-battle stories..... :)

anyway, I hope all of this is helpfull ( or at least not insulting )

Ivo