[NR] if we build it would you come ??

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 08:24:08 PDT 2008

I would love to see this event take place. My wife, son, and I would all
attend and help with the event. We would also help bring people and
encourage not just attendance but also participation in the events. I
believe there is enough interest in the region that it would be quite
successful.

Having a large target archery tournament that everyone is able to shoot
a number of rounds and not get disqualified would help get more people
to come and enjoy the sport. In the barony of Namron we have been
building up a wide range of loaner gear so that people of all ages,
skill, and strength can come and try it and get help and coaching as
they learn.

To keep the event simple it could be done with just a variety of target
archery shoots and thrown weapons to start with and then as it grows be
able to add more areas. We could also have some demonstrations of the
other areas (such as combat archery) so that people are able to get
familiar with them and understand more about them.

Vincenti