[NR] NORTHERN REGIONALNAMING a list for heralds and timeline

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 11:51:01 PDT 2011

Hang on, there may be hope yet! :)

"A geographical location will be considered significant if it is associated with important administrative, social, political or military events (e.g., a capital city, the site of a major treaty or battle, etc.)."

Well, it doesn't run against this part, because it was one of many, many places visited by Coronado and nothing important happened there, since it was just a basic farming town of that period.

"Geographic locations will generally be considered significant if they appear in standard references such as an encyclopedia."

It's not mentioned in the Brittanica, but I don't know about any other encyclopedias. Has anyone ever seen an encyclopedic reference to Quivara?

If not, then it's still in the running, is it not?

-R

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."