NK - Yes Berengaria, I can document Santa Klaus!

harriet meeker berengaria at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:57:01 PST 1998

>From: "I. Marc Carlson" <LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu>
>Ah, college students today...
>You know, if Alton is right about his education-envy theory, I'm
>pretty sure that the uneducated masses really don't have a lot to
>worry about from the *average* college student.

I have to ask, since I don't spend much time in your company, how often
do the "Educated" actually rub people's noses in the fact?
I mean, I know that Tadhg does it on the Rialto, but my impression is
that he's a pretty unusual extreme case.  Does it happen a lot? Is it
just a perception?  What?

>Well, actually, I was trying to make a different point, as seen by
>quoting the material I did -- that Berengaria was being hypacritical
>about not using my "obscure" questions, I presume because they were
>"too hard".

I really can't say why I've tried to not use them.  Maybe it is some
sort of subtle education-ism.  Maybe I was just trying to give the
others a chance to play too since you can be a little overwhelming.

>Actually, I think some of them could be very educational in showing
>just how *little* historians know about the details.

That may be the case.

Berengaria Ravencroft
Berengaria at hotmail.com
http://""www.geocities.com/athens/styx/5871"
"The brave man carves out his own fortune, and every man is the son of
his own works" -- Miguel de Cervantes