[Northkeep] Baronial Schedule (long)

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Wed Jul 4 23:30:59 PDT 2001

Let me try and clear up some of the confusion.  Here is my understanding of
the schedule leading up to our Baronial investiture.  Some of the details
have not yet been decided so this is subject to change.

July 21st
       The Crown will be coming to meet with the region.  This meeting will
take place in Moore OK, which is between OKC and Norman.  At this meeting the
Crown will make a brief statement and then sit in state to hear the concerns
and answer the questions of the populace.  They will NOT be making a decision
on who is to be Baron and Baroness, nor is this meeting the deadline for
people announcing their candidicy for Baron and Baroness.  That deadline has
not yet been set and will prouably be decided at the meeting on the 21st.
The Crown will be accepting letters of intent at this meeting.
       July the 21st is also the date of the next meeting of the SCA Board of
Directors.  If the BoD decides not to look into Thorgrim and Sigen's appeal
we should know that before this date.  If they do investigate they might
render a decision at this meeting or it could drag on for many months before
they make a decision.  We have no way of knowing how long it will take.

July 22
       Northkeep Officers meeting.  This is the deadline for Autocrat bids
for Baronial Investiture, Winterkingdom and Castellan. Please submit bids.

July 30
       Northkeep Populace Meeting.  If we decide to do our polling at the
August 4 moot this could be the deadline for letters of intent to be Baron
and Baroness.  I strongly support a September Moot and polling wih a later
deadline.  This has yet to be decided.

August 4
      Baronial Moot.  Possable polling.  See above.

August 27
       Northkeep Populace Meeting.  If we decide on a September Moot and
Polling this would likely be the deadline for letters of intent.  Again this
has yet to be decided.

September 8
       Possable Moot and Baronial Polling.  See above.

September 28 - 30
       Wiesenfeuer Baronial.   The Crown would like to interview the Baronial
candidates at this event.  Presumably they will announce their decision at or
shortly after this event.

October 20
       BoD Meeting.  If the BoD decides to look into the appeal we might hear
something after this meeting.

November 23 - 25
       Northkeep Baronial Investiture.  Toy Tourney will also be held at the
investiture.  Are you collecting your toys?

       Again let me stress that this is a preliminary schedule and could
change.  We should be able to put together a firm schedule after the July
21st meeting.

Letters Of Intent:  Anyone who wants to be a candidate for Baron and/or
Baroness needs to send a letter of intent to Duncan and Larissa with courtisy
copies to the Kingdom Seneschal and to me.  You may hand deliver you lettrs
of intent to the Crown at the meeting on the 21st if you like.

Polling:  Once people have declared themselves candidates for baron and
baroness we will conduct a Polling to allow the Barony to express their
preference from amoung thise candidates.  I do not yet know the details of
how this polling will be done or if it will be limited to paid members only
or if everyone can vote.  The Crown will take the results of this polling
into account in choosing the next Baron and/or Baroness but they are not
required to choose the person or couple with the most votes.

       I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Robert Fitzmorgan