[Northkeep] to My Baroness and my northkeep friends....

uilliacc wmbrett at theshop.net
Fri Aug 1 17:41:28 PDT 2003

by the way,  I do mean two different class objectives in what I said....  one approach focuses on materials, tools and techniques and is reinforced with illustration from actual period works....

the other focuses on the Master-works of the period and gives insight into the mind, materials, tools and techniques of the artist and his/her culture.  Master-work doesn't nessasarily mean famous artists, it can mean just a fine, archetypal, and often anonymous example....

regarding the artist, a lot depends on the culture and time-period,  artist were most commonly working-class craftsmen until the renaissance (late 13th through early 16th centuries) when the arts began to gain appreciation as a "Noble" pursuit....

sorry, I'm slipping into teacher mode....  what I'm trying to gain is an insight into what y'all really would like to participate in....

uilliacc