[Northkeep] Recipe

Melissa Long Blevins hlecalais at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 29 11:18:17 PST 2006

I, pretty much, agree with Gio!  Except that I use half as much Brie as I do the other three. And I add a pinch of white pepper! Melt the butter first then add the cheeses (cubed) to the butter. I , also remove the rind from the Brie while it is cold. Whisk, continually, as they do not like to blend but they will, reluctantly become smooth and wonderful!  While you are whisking add the pepper and the other yummy things (crab, Gio, I miss you!) that you decide should go in the mix.  You can toast the top under the broiler or I like to use a culinary torch.  Very Yummy on toast points!  This dish is called "A Dish of Savoury Cheese"  and the original came from "Digby" (I'll have to look up the date). If you need the date, just tell me and I will get it for you.

Nathan Jones <bigbeartx at gmail.com> wrote:   Cheese goo, as served in Ansteorra, is pretty much equal parts butter, cream
cheese and brie. Dry mustard can be added for flavor. It's based on Duke
Cariadoc of the Bow's redaction (which I don't agree with).

Try adding some crab meat (or Krab). It's fantastic.

Gio.