[Northkeep] Barony Beautification Project/Wall Hangings

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 09:12:09 PDT 2010

As some of you may know, Duchess Willow and I have embarked on an ambitious
project of renewing, repairing, and revitalizing the collection of
tapestries (painted) and other decorations used at our events.  I believe
I have in my possession all of the hangings for cataloging, cleaning, etc.
If there are any others out there that you would like to add to the Barony's
coffers, please let us know.

Here are some of the ideas being proffered:
(1) A "Tree of Life" hanging on which the devices of all the Barony's
members might be posted.
(2) Portraits (generic) of each of the reigning Barons and Baronesses,
standing in a Gothic or Romanesqe archway.
(3) "Castle Wall" painting to match the one we have now, to extend the
"walls" around whatever area in which we are gathered.

The Barony's Heralds are also working on a project with shields and devices
which we would not wish to duplicate or supersede, so we most heartily seek
their counsel.  If there are other related projects in process by
individuals or groups, please let us know, so that we may incorporate your
artwork, if you desire, and your ideas into this undertaking.

At this point, I am asking for suggestions, guidance, encouragement and
cautions.  This list seems to be the most viable venue to have this
discussion.

Looking forward to your replies!

Franziska von Locknitz

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius