PE - period encampment book

'bella bella3 at 1st.net
Mon Aug 14 08:59:36 PDT 2000

there is a series of books called the 'buckskinning series'...as I recall there are 7 or 8 in the series...while they deal with the era of the american mtn man ... the articles
in the books, are all documented, and period to us in the sca...well the ones about blackpowder rifles are not..but there are garb making, with patterns, amoung others...
period lighting, leather, etc...
they are worth every penny you spend on them.  Tandy used to be my source for them... the titles are all 'buckskinning' with a number behind it like buckskinning II,
iv./..etc...except for the first one... they are a compilation of articles featured in Muzzleloader mag...
there is another book ''tidings from the 18th century' written by beth gilgun, she was the costuming consultant for Rob Roy, btw....it is also useful.
annie macdonnald, thunder