PE - Crows Feet

Stephen Wyley stephenw-hrt at nmit.vic.edu.au
Fri Feb 11 11:26:08 PST 2000

Hi Matthew,

> Question 1: How do the crows feet attach to the guy rope? From the various
> illustrations I have seen it is some form of complex knot but there it not
> enough detail to see.

Some of the knots shown in 16th century German wood cuts seem quite
simple. I would have to get out my knot references and compare them
to the wood cuts to tell you what type of knots they are though.

> Question 2: Is there a particular recommended method of attaching the crows
> feet to the tent to get even tension on the roof?

I suggest the same as for the main guy rope, so tension is evenly
spread between the attachment points.

Bye for now,

Stephen Francis Wyley
stephenw-hrt at nmit.vic.edu.au
Technical Officer
(Plant Tissue Culture, Chemistry and Soil Science)
Conservation and Applied Science Department, NMIT

For "Historical" and "How to" articles by me see;

http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/index.html

or for Arrows made to order;

http://svenskildbiter.webjump.com/order.html