PE - hi

Nessa Giddings nessaofthelox at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 09:51:00 PST 2000

--- Cherie Nolan <marguerite at ih2000.net> wrote:
> Tent list is really quite these days, what is
> everyone working on. Have six tents to finish before
> Gulf wars. Including my own tudor. Let me know the
> kinds of things you
> are working on. How many people is going to war. I
> would really like to meet you all out there.
> Marguerite

Greetings Marguerite and all on this list,
  I have recently come to this list to listen to your
learned advice on tent making and period encampments.
At this time I have only made one tent and I am in the
process of making my second. My first tent was a
Viking pavilion from the Known World Handbook. My
second is conciderably more difficult. I am working on
a round centerpole pavilion, eight sided, 11 ft at the
peak. It has canvas colored walls and green for the
decoration and roof. I chose this design because I
didn't want guyropes. I think the hardest thing to do
on this tent will be the test drive. I will be worried
the whole time about it collapsing or something going
wrong.
  Has anyone any ideas as to what should be painted on
the valance? All my decoration will be sewn on except
the valance. I will be painting it. Some have said
that a phrase would be good, but I am not sure. What
say you?

Thank you,

=====
Lady Nessa of the Lox