PE - RE: PE Tent Poles and children (was hi)

Samuel Walters agincrt at brightok.net
Sun Feb 20 08:46:13 PST 2000

Regina wrote:

> Sorry, you've pushed one of my buttons!  Reference your sentence on poles.
> So, if she has no children it's all right not to worry about falling
poles?
> That 15 pound pole (mine is) can fall merrily away as long as there are no
> _children_ in the tent.  No problem if it crushes the skull of her 54 year
> old neighbor, 30 year old passer by, or simply cripples herself of her
> spouse?
>
> Children are very dear members of society, but they are by no means the
> _only_ ones.  Injuries can be devastating no matter what the individual's
> age is.
>
> Regina Romsey

Please M'lady, just because somebody doesn't list every possible person that
could be injured by a falling pole does not mean that she doesn't care if
they get injured!  You need to relax a bit and think about it. She did not
condone the poles falling on anyone at all.  She merely used children as an
example of how bad a situation falling poles could be.

For myself I wonder where people get these buttons that they say are being
pushed.

Anyway,

Yours in our Society,

Rhys Goch