TENT - Mongolian Cloud Houses

Tanya Guptill tguptill at teleport.com
Tue Jan 4 14:40:02 PST 2000

Yurt Builders:

Got the book, Mongolian Cloud Houses--How to make a yurt and live
comfortably, by Dan Kuehn, today.

I recommend it.  It is a large paperback, printed by a small press, and
has no ISBN number (sorry Corun--I found my copy through
bibliofind.com).  We are all used to seeing yurt info that has been
redone over and over, and it was fun to see some new information
addressed:

--the yurts are BENT POLE--and he shows how to do it
--the roof ring is bentwood--"   "   "
--he puts a liner in his yurts (similar to the ozan in a tipi)
--he puts a loft for his bed in the yurt (I loved this)--give him more
room underneath, space for guest bed, etc
--he ties his khana over the poles, instead of through drilled holes

This book is under copyright, and my web searches for the author are
coming up very short.  I am going to try to mail him at the address
listed, but since it is 1980 copyright, and the address is a P.O. box, I
am not optimistic.

FYI,
Mira