TENT - (Fwd) Re: Tents.

Stephen Wyley stephenw-hrt at nmit.vic.edu.au
Wed Jan 5 12:31:24 PST 2000

Hi All,

The following is some texts recommended to me by Prof. Alford
Andrews.

Date:          Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:16:29 +0100 (MET)
From:          Peter-Alford Andrews <Peter.Andrews at Uni-Koeln.DE>
To:            Stephen Wyley <stephenw-hrt at nmit.vic.edu.au>
Subject:       Re: Tents.

a. Captain Godfrey Rhodes, Tents and Tent Life (London 1857). This, for
its date, is a surprisingly good compendium, with a lot of historical
information: he was an officer in the Crieman war, and understood the
importance of tents which did not blow down! Needless to say, his sensible
proposals were not taken up by the War Office.
b. Diderot's Encyclpaedie
c. Chambers' Cyclopaedia, 18th century editions.

No doubt you know Drew's Tension Structures, which has a lot of historical
references.
In haste - Peter Andrews

Bye for now,

Stephen Francis Wyley
stephenw-hrt at nmit.vic.edu.au
Technical Officer
(Plant Tissue Culture, Chemistry and Soil Science)
Conservation and Applied Science Department, NMIT

For "Historical" and "How to" articles by me see;

http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/index.html

or for Arrows made to order;

http://svenskildbiter.webjump.com/order.html