TENT - Norst tents

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Thu Jan 13 13:43:57 PST 2000

I had been send an article from a friend about the things they use to water seal the wool felt and binder for the sail and the tents. I have loss it due to computer
problems. If I can find the article again I will see if I can post it to the list. The articles talked about a recent find of a viking ship and the materials was seal with
cows milk. The fat in the milk seems to be thick enough to water seal the materials as well as acting as a binder for the materials it self. If you have ever seen milk when
it dries it is very thick like glue. The milk we use is allot thinner then the milk they had back then. It made real since that it would have worked. Plus milk once it
dried is almost impossible to get  off of things much less cloth treated with the milk dried in the sun and layer on it. Marguerite
--
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents www.spinningwinds.com
Kingdom of Ansteorra's Tent Guild  tentguild at ansteorra.org
Kingdom Secretary Lady Marguerite, marguerite at ih2000.net