TENT - Re:

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Thu Jan 13 17:46:03 PST 2000

joesilas at writeme.com wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I'm new to tent making, and even newer to this list 8o)  Please forgive me if I'm rehashing an old subject.
>
> I've been researching for my first tent, and have become intrigued by the lopsided wagon wheel idea.  I have found only one refrence to such a design being used in period and was wondering if somone here could point me at additional references?
>
> Also would such a design require a rim hoop, or could it be done correctly without it?
>
> Would guy lines be necessary?
>
> Another item I'm looking for is detailed drawings of door fastenings.
>
> Thank you for your patience,
>
> Andri li Rechin Angeuin

It is easier to talk to you on the phone I have internet phone service so it is free. Also Tanya has a good spot on her web site that is inference to to wheel design. I
would love to talk to you about it. We did have this talk on the list. It was shown that wheel design was not really period. I was thinking about it but did not find any
resources on the design myself. Which I am glad to find that out. They look great. I love the way they look but wanted to make sure that they was truly period. There is
easy design for the period tents. If you would like me to talk to you on the phone about it e-mail me privately and I will call on the Internet.
Marguerite-List Master,
My e-mail is at the bottom of the page
--
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents www.spinningwinds.com