Fwd: TENT - Re: new to tent making

SUNJAN sunjan at prismnet.bc.ca
Fri Jan 14 21:10:09 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Corun MacAnndra <corun at clark.net>
To: <tentguild at Ansteorra.ORG>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2000 5:53 PM

> >Hey Corun, how's the mega yurt? ;)
>
> Still in the design stages, though I have been asking
around about prices
> for trailers. I really have to buy a copy of Autocad for
home use.
> CorelDraw only goes so far when it comes to architectural
drawing

Sunjan has Actual Papers (somewhere in a drawer) attesting
to the fact that she went to College and spent a lot of
money she didn't have to become proficient in Autocad.
However, version 12 was the latest one they had - and the
real world was already using 13. Has come in handy for
sticky yurt problems, though :-)

If you can stand to use Version 10 (my personal favorite -
no 'extra' gimmicks, and blistering fast on a computer
faster than a 286), it fits on two 3.5" disks and can be
mailed to you at no charge. Autocad (except for the LT
version) HATES Windows. It will run just fine, but switching
to a text screen (when you print, etc) will leave garbage on
your screen when you go back to graphics mode. A quick Regen
will clear it from your drawing area, but not from the
margins. Whoopee.

I designed and built my very first yurt while in the early
stages of the Program - LONG before they let me near a
computer. Wish I had used one..............

User must not mind that the copy is registered to a local
College :-)

Sunjan