TENT - Re: Estrella

Tanya Guptill tguptill at teleport.com
Sun Jan 16 12:51:24 PST 2000

John,

Excellent :)  I am really looking forward to this...

I would love the idea of a 'pavilion ghetto'.  My yurt-making friend Sunjan is also
considering going.  I think that she will be taking a yurt (diameter
unknown--probably about 14'-16') and I will be taking a small 10' round tent (will
probably use it for display and storage).

John wrote:

> I was originally planning to camp with the West Kingdom, or in/near the Society
> Seneschal's camp, as I'm going to be traveling "light" (for me) -- just what I
> can fit into my Taurus station wagon.

Sounds like you pack like I do :)    .It looks like we will be traveling
ultra-light--both flying down, with Sunjan's yurt getting transported  via a
friend's truck.  I've scoped out my tent and am pretty sure I'll put it on the
plane.  We will probably not be bringing much kitchen stuff, except a cooler, so
will be mostly eating from the vendors (occasional bagel or salami sandwich aside).

> But if there's anybody else on this list
> that wants to do a camp-together thing, email me asap and I'll ask the autocrat
> if space can be set aside for a "pavilion ghetto" --- not an "enchanted ground"
> setup, with its persona roles and such, but a place where pretty tents can be
> found. And, if any of you out there want to camp with us, I guess I'll need to
> know how much square footage your camp will take up.

I'd considered camping in the An Tir section, but I have to admit I'd love to get a
bunch of tent makers together.  :)  What  a display we could make, if we had
enough!

Looking forward to speaking with you more,
Mira