TENT - Need help hanging my walls

Rebekah Sams winterhart534 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:55:24 PST 2000

I was just wondering how you are planning on supporting the roof structure?
To try and be more concise, how are you planning on making the roof flare
out ? Since you stated that you didn't want to use a ring or hoop structure,
I would have to guess that you are using ropes in the roof seams and thence
staking them to the ground ala Stephen Block's "King Rene" tent? I hope I am
not talking apples when you mean oranges!!
I am also working on a round(ish) single pole pavilion. It is also my first
attempt. At a personal pavilion anyway. I did a sunshade with a moderate
amount of success. It's held up for about 4 years now anyway.
However, I decided after seeing some of the Dragonwing pavilions being set
up at an A&S class that a rigid hoop and center pole are the way I wanted to
go. Living in the West, you tend to need the option of having some sort of
ventilation in a hurry, more then you need protection from inclement
weather.So, I am sewing the fabric parts myself and commissioning the frame
from Master Johann. I feel very blessed to reside in the same city, so I can
pick his brain at shire meetings. :-)

I can't wait to hear about how it's turning out for you, and I am so glad
that there is a place that I can turn to for sound advice from those who
have been there before. Brave souls!! Thank you!

Cordially,
Rhieinwylydd ferch Anna