TENT - Need help hanging my walls

Samuel Walters agincrt at brightok.net
Wed Jan 26 15:35:13 PST 2000

M'lady Rhieinwylydd,

Yes my tent is based upon the same principles of the King Rene' tent.  Of
course I had never even seen the pictures of that tent when I (and here I
thought I was a genius ha ha) came up with the idea.  I had just heard that
side poles were only conjecturally period and I didn't wanna lug 10 side
poles with me so yes, my roof will be supported with guy lines running from
loops sewn into the roof seams (not from the center pole under the roof)
and at least 4 loops to each side for crows feet lines.
      Which actually brings up another question I would like to ask the
list...how do you determine the length of the ropes needed?  I had figured
on at least as long a rope as my roof was long (seams are 8' from peak to
eaves) so I was assuming I would need about that much and then enough to
double back and adjust. Approximately 12 ft of rope not counting the crow's
feet lines does this sound right or is there a formula I can use?

Yours in our Society,

Rhys Goch
Mka Sam Walters