[Periodencampments] Theater or Research?

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Wed May 9 06:18:19 PDT 2001

I agree - I often tell anxious newcomers "No one checks your underwear in the SCA."  Or under the army blanket, or behind the pavilion...

I've had fun building up the "authenticity" of my campsite one tiny step at a time.

--Lady Wyllow

periodencampments at ansteorra.org wrote:

> To all the list,
> I come from the "hardcore" re-enactment tradition here in Europe. I love it when
> I can get things totally accurate. BUT the great thing about the SCA is that
> when I cant get it quite right I can still have my best effort with me to use. In a
> lot of societies over here if it isnt 100% accurate you do without!  I'm all for
> trying to improve things as skill and money become available but at least in the
> SCA I don't have to be rich before I can play.
> Just my take on things.
> Maredudd ap Gwylim
> Shire of Mynydd Gwyn, Drachenwald

--Wendy F. Otte

"To err is human; it takes a computer to really foul things up!"  --Anonymous