RF - re: tavern & water for early spring event

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 27 22:26:49 PDT 2000

I am including a copy of my response to you on the Raven's Fort email
post as it covers some subjects that I would like the populace to be
aware of.  I hope you don't mind.  You may note that I left out your
"secret".

I will be glad to do the water barrels before your event.  The gentleman
that did the water at the last event used a water truck with ( and this
is the important part ) a super pump that moved the water countless
times faster than the one we've used for years.  Perhaps we can talk
"the powers that be" in to investing in a larger pump so running the
water will not take as many hours.  One can only hope.

I have no problem with you using the tavern area as long as no one
crawls across the bar or strikes the structures themselves.  The tavern
IS a private enterprise.  I am the Landlord in charge of the land and
structures.  Baron Zorcon is the Tavern Master in charge of the running
of most of the taverns and always in charge of the Raven's Fort Brewers
Guild.  (The man's teachings has produced some of the best brewers in
the Kingdom, not to mention his own exotic concoctions.)  Even though
the Tavern is not "communal property" we have never turned down anyone
that has asked to use it or the Rose Garden.  In fact we are happy to
have them, as well as the Bocce Ball Court and Horseshoe Pit, enjoyed by
everyone.  There is one spot near the dart board where exposed roots may
be a little dangerous to fight over and there is another spot that
becomes impossibly muddy if it rains.  I have begged for a little rock
to cure the problems but have run into resistance from "the powers that
be".

I must attempt that I know little to nothing about the details of your
event.  My work hours don't allow me to arrive for Populace or Officers
Meetings till well after they've started.  The important subjects are
covered first at the meetings so those of us that do not live IN
Huntsville or work late are S.O.L..., left out in the dark..., without a
clue..., ignorant of the facts..., lost in the wilderness.  Anyway,
please keep me posted as it is the only way I will hear about it.

Pax,
Marius

Hrafna wrote:

Heilsa!

I wanted to ask your help with our event. I know you traditionally take
care
of all the water on the site, or at least that is what I was told, and I
was
wondering if there is any way I can bribe you into helping me figure out
how
to get it done!

Also, I wanted to know if it would be permissable to conduct some of our

fighting at and around the Tavern during the day. Also, I'd like for the

party to be at the tavern. I didnt know if you were the "owner" of said
tavern, or if it was communal property!

All your advice is very much appreciated!

Hrafna