[Ravensfort] Candidate Discussion

KING Of The Firemonkeys theragan at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 20:57:51 PDT 2001

>From: clarissa <clarissa at supportyou.com>
>To: <ravensfort at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: [Ravensfort] Candidate Discussion
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 22:08:58 -0600
>
>Greetings to the Fine Barony of Ravensfort
>from Mistress Clarissa, Southern Regional Seneschal,

and greeting to you too gracious lady *smile*

>There have been some questions about how candidate discussions should
>take place and what campaigning does and does not mean. Its really
>simple. Modern campaigns where candidates say "I want to be your B&B
>because of X - AND - so and so should not because (mud slung here)"
>campaigns do not belong in a Society that is based on nobility, >grace,and
>chivalry.
recognise that the "candidates" haven't. the "candidates" haven't yet voiced
to anyone on this list that they "ARE CANDIDATES."
that's beef number ONE with me right now.. so FAR there ARE NO CANDIDATES!as
far as i can tell....

>The rules are simple: Candidates may not talk badly (truth
>or otherwise) about other candidates. Candidates should display the
>nobility that they seek. Candidates should certainly answer 'Yes' if they
>are asked if they want to be B&B (if they are interested). Candidates
>should answer any civil questions the populace asks.  Candidates can
>discuss Baronial issues and the future of the Barony as any member of >the
>populace may.

why thank you very much for clearing that up mistress!
you hear that people you can say "YES I'LL SERVE!" it's ok and you can
DISCUSS BARONIAL ISSUES?!
(and i don't expect any serious candidate to espouse any of my views ,except
the renfest issue *smile*

>On the mail list, suggesting a couple as candidates is fine. I encourage
>the mail list to be used to discuss the qualities you require in a >Baron
>and Baroness. I encourage you all to discuss where you would >like the
>Barony to go over the next 4-5 years. Knowing what you want >in a candidate
>and the direction of the barony will certainly make >your decisions much
>easier in the long run.

you betcha,

>However, I discourage the mail list as the forum for discussing the
>individual traits of the candidates - good or bad.

that's very P.C. and i think, WRONG.  it's the perfect forum it keeps people
from commiting homicides. Brian may be peeved at me at first,
niklas WILL be! my answer is SO,? if what i say is what i feel to be the
truth (we'll overuse that term later*smile* point taken!) i'll speak it.
it's not flaming! it's not MEANT to inflame,offend,or insult someone. it's
bald faced calling a spade a spade and i'll do so for the good of the
barony. and most gracious lady, *smile* the people who will be incensed at
MY words, will work with ME or NOT as they see fit anyway this will not be
changing any opinions.

>The members of the
>Barony of Ravensfort MUST continue to work together after the choice is
>made. Whatever you say on a public mail list can be and probably will be
>floating around forever. It can damage respect. It can damage
>friendships. It can damage the working relationship the members of your
>Barony have with each other.  Is that what Ravensfort really wants?
well if it's the truth then so be it! telling the barony that sir.pervert
was convicted yesterday of sexual misconduct with a cow,
is slanderously hurtfull if a lie, but if true is worthy knowledge that
might benefit the barony to know if it holds cattle!

  All
>of you can call each other, drop by each other's houses, send private
>emails. A mail list is only ONE way to communicate.

thank you for your views lady but your stepping over the line now.
did i ASK you to invite people to call or drop by my HOUSE? i prefer to
discuss this here where there is a record of everything said.
where the light shines on the process, and thank you but like i said in the
first message of this thread.
I don't like the idea of their Maj's being the only ones to know the numbers
so i was conducting MY OWN POLL. to which i have recieved
TWO replies. scan back a bit you'll see that my BEEF was that this LIST was
not being USED as a means of communication on this issue.
at all.

>In the end, the polling is private and anonymous. It is an individual
>decision each of you will have to make. All the talking and discussion
>can help you see points you didn't see before but in the end its still an
>individual decision.

yes the crowns *smile*

>Please, please think about what you say before you say it on the mail
>list. Think about whether you want it to see it brought back 2 years from
>now.
madam i have no shame of anything i've posted here. i am not in the habit of
saying things i'll regret because of their veracity.*sad smile* though i
HAVE said things i wish i hadn't HAD to say in the past.

>Would you want someone to say it of you? Really? Someone you thought
>of as a friend? How black and white is the 'truth' you see? Are there no
>other possible interpretations?  I know discussion is important. I simply
>believe civil and polite discussion is better for everyone.

please define CIVIL and POLITE further lady i am hugelu famous in this
barony for receiving neither from many in the upper reaches of this barony
for nearly a decade now. the most recent slight being the "La Bouche"
incident and the resulting assinine behaviour wilst giving me a SABLE
THISTLE SCROLL!    so be advised LADY how CIVIL and POLITE i've REALLY BEEN
considering...... and some one clue this lady IN eh?
*smile at the lady*      *glare into the shadows*

>Everyone should keep in mind that being Baron and Baroness is an honor
>that is earned from hard work that the populace of the Barony and Their
>Highnesses recognize. Its comes with the price of more hard work.

once again i thank the most gracious lady mistress Clarissa for her
help and knowledge. just in future lady don't assume i wish people calling
my house     and "dropping by" can be dangerous!
"have you seen what can happen when paul and i are in a mood at the same
time? you should NOT see some of the flaming rows Kief and i have had
SHEEESH! *smile*
i'm not always charming like i am here *EVIL GRIN*
but thanks again for saying it's ok to say HEY i want so and so for B&B! and
for saying it's ok for so and so to say OK! publicly
*smile* and i understand that you think that their Maj's should be the only
ones to know the numbers of the poll...do YOU understand it's my right to
disagree?*grin*
oh and for the record
I AM NOT A CANDIDATE! *smile* now that sould get at LEAST a FEW responces if
only to praise god!gods/goddesses spirits of the woods even