[Ravensfort] Candidate Discussion

Peer2 Peer2 at email.msn.com
Tue May 22 03:46:56 PDT 2001

Maybe we're going at this the wrong way. Before we haggle on who the
candidates are, why don't we figure out what we EACH personally want in a
B&B? Things like . . .

What's the most important quality that you want to see in a B&B?

What issues are most important to you? And how would you like a B&B to deal
with those issues?

What do you want to see in the Barony's immediate future (1-2 years)?

What do you want to see in the Barony's far future (3-5 years)?

Where do you want the Barony to concentrate it's time a resources? At the
Kingdom level? Regional level? Baronial level? Or some combination of the
three?

Remember, HE Clarissa stated plainly that potential candidates could be
asked questions, but it's hard to answer questions that never get asked.
Maybe the questions should be asked privately, maybe not. But everyone
should DEFINITELY be asking themselves the above questions and many more.

And keep in mind one thing that may have gotten overlooked in all of this :
The B&B may be the voice of the Crown within the Barony, but they are also
the voice of the Populace in the Royal Court. It works both ways. Whoever
gets the positions MUST KNOW what the Populace expects, just as much as they
need to know the Crown's expectations.

Maybe we all need to join Mr. Magoo on top of the mountain and get ourselves
focused. (From "Thunderheart", for those that don't remember.)

-- Ld. Cedric Aeschere Einarsson
Peer2 at msn.com