[Ravensfort] a Quote...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 11:08:41 PDT 2002

I found this quote in my computer "Book Shelf Basics" thought it was a good one

One should never direct people towards happiness, because happiness too is an idol of the
market-place. One should direct them towards mutual affection. A beast gnawing at its prey can be
happy too, but only human beings can feel affection for each other, and this is the highest
achievement they can aspire to.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn (b. 1918), Russian novelist. Shulubin, in Cancer Ward, pt. 2, ch. 10
(1968).