[Ravensfort] Ansteorrean Public Service Announcement

Ramsay ramsay at somethoughts.org
Sat Sep 7 18:44:56 PDT 2002

When working at the stones or attending events around our great Kingdom, it
is good to have a familiarization with our fellow inhabitants, especially if
those inhabitants are capable of killing you.  Generally speaking, snakes
with flat triangular heads are members of the pit viper family and are
poisonous.  The most common varieties of poisonous snakes we have in
Ansteorra are Copperheads, Cottonmouth Water Moccasins, Rattle snakes, and
Coral snakes.  Of these, the first three are pit vipers with triangular
heads.  The Coral snake is the one non-pit viper in the group and can be
easily identified by the old rhymes: "red and black, friend of jack" and
"red and yellow, kill a fellow."

http://www.i4at.org/lib2/snakes.htm

Angus