[Ravensfort] Question???

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Fri Nov 19 06:49:14 PST 2004

Hi.....

Sorry I have a bit quite and busy with work and my fathers heart & hip
surgery the past several months.

Here is my suggestion on this subject of fighter practice.

1. It NEEDS to be on a week night. More folks tend to be able to come on a
week night. This also leaves the weekend open for eventing.

2. Only one practice per week. We don't have a need for more than one
practice per week cause we don't have many fighters. Also, why do we have
to have it every week? Cut back to 2 times a month or once a month.

3. Does not have to be at the Gazebo, but does need to be someplace we can
lights.

4. Need to get this settled very soon!!!!

5. Place, time, location, format, etc.....is at the desecration of the
Knights Marshall in consultation with the Seneschal, B&B and Rapier
Marshall. Input is taken from others, but these are the folks that the buck
stops at.

6. It is the job of the Marshall in charge (this is defined as the Knights
Marshal, then Rapier, or their deputies, then either the Seneschal or B&B)
of the practice to let everyone know about the status of the practice. For
instance, if it is canceled, notification will go out ASAP that the
decision or change is made and by multiple means, such as, email, phone,
sign posted at the practice site or a combination of those means. On the
subject of a sign at the site of the practice. This really needs to be done
every time if no practice is held.

If the Marshall in charge is not going to be at a practice, they must find
someone to stand in, or cancel the practice as much in advance as possible.
Notification of this cancelation needs to be made by the means and manner
listed above.

7. There are changes coming in the heavy Marshall area. Those need to be
looked at and see how they will impact RF, if any.

8. Most of all..... we need to get this settled once and for all. John has
several guys wanting to do heavy, Charles and Kevin has several folks
wanting to do light. THIS IS VERY GOOD!!!!

We need to provide the venue for this to happen in.

I have been attending the Bryn Gwlad Fighter Practice on Tuesdays here in
Austin some and you would be FLOORED!!! as to the attendance and
activities. They have attendance of 50-90 people with 5-15 fighters of each
discipline at every practice and they do not cancel it except for weather.

Now, before someone cry's foul, true we are not as big as BG, nor have the
fighters (on both sides) as they do.

But we need to get a stable time, place and format going to have our own
version of this.

BG's also uses their fighter practice as a populace meeting and social. We
can do that also.

Do we need a committee to look at this? We did this several years ago and
nothing got done.

I suggest the ones whose responsibility for this activity get their heads
together and work it out. Then the populace step up and help them make it
happen!

This is just my 2 cents as the Baron of Raven's Fort.

Let's get to work on fixing this..........PLEASE!

HE Niklas

At 04:01 PM 11/18/04 -0800, you wrote:
>Okay...as I understand it...Moving main Chivalric and Rapier practice was
>a joint proposition by HE Brian/John and Gavin/Kevin. HE Brian/John has
>some lights and so does Charles/Zork/David...in the original version of
>the plan that is what they were
>going to use to facilitate the Thursday Fighter Practice...
>The Gazebo has it's own lights internally and I think one spotlight
>externally and sockets
>to plug in more stuff...
>Last Thursday the only reason we had light was that the Rugby players had
>the keys
>to the lights and they turned them off at  8:30...then we all left cause
>there was no more light.
>Charles/Zork/David was going to look into whether he could get the keys to
>keep the lights on ...does anyone know if it was checked into and what the
>result was...
>Lorraine
>
>And yes it is the responsibility of the marshals to somehow notify the
>populace if things
>end up being cancelled...they can delegate that responsibility to another
>person...but it
>is still ultimately their responsibility...

Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                       H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
niklas at pbgilbert.net                     Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
936-714-3198 cellular                    Kingdom of Ansteorra

                Texas Dept. of Transportation,  Radio Operation's
                        Cedar Park, Texas   512-506-5141
                                 pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                    "What day of the week is it as to where I
am....."