[Ravensfort] oh, last night!

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 19:09:22 PST 2005

Your Excellency,

  Don't let one person get you down...

  I too could have been disheartened...there was one individual (whom I  will not name) whom I heard making mean, ugly, and disrespectful  commentary throughout the whole evening (and no, it was not the  punsters)...even when the King and the Kingdom Seneschal were speaking.

  The things this gentle said proved that this person was absolutely not  interested in being there as a part of the SCA...but was there to make  some sort of personal point. Did it get me down...no...it made me pity  the individual...because they will never get it, and as much as they  strive to be a part of SCA they will only be so in appearance...

  Last evening was a good new start. But it is only a start. It gives one hope.

  It takes more than one party to in anyway mend what took years to rend  apart....it will take the efforts of each and everyone in the group to  build the Barony to it's New Glory!

  It is but one step on the path up the mountain.

  Remember, Your Excellency, that much of the problem previously was  caused as a result of people throwing generalities around in electronic  communications instead of meeting face to face and directly adressing  the person they had a misunderstanding with.

  Leaving things general and non-specific will only cause confusion and  problems. Often the people you mean to touch will assume that you are  not addressing them and the people you never meant to talk about will  take it personally.

  I would suggest, that if you really had a problem with a person at the  Yule revel...address them face to face and individually...see if you  can resolve the issue amicably...start the new era of solving  misunderstandings face to face....
  instead of splashing things across the net...

  Looking forward to the Crown's Announcement!

   "David R. Hoffpauir" <env_drh at shsu.edu> wrote:              I left without saying goodbye last night.  I   had too.  Imagine that, dsd actually lost his temper!

(snipped for brevity)