[Ravensfort] oh, last night!

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 22:12:05 PST 2005

Heilsa all...

Last eventide at Raven's Fort Yule and Baronial Polling most
everyone was in a good humor and spirits were high...albeit for a
wide variety of reasons...

Too bad you had to leave in a fit of temper after overhearing a
joke or comment you found offensive. I have no idea who made the
commentary you found disquieting...

I, too, overheard a comment from one of the people that you were
sitting beside...I'll let you figure out who...that was less than
civil. Totally unwarranted and, of course, directed at me.

Being one to try and "keep the peace" I forebore from commenting
at the time and have chosen to mention it in passing now only to
counter-balance your observation.

I, however, "stayed the course" and finished the evening in the
hall...eating some good food, witnessing some of the gift
exchange...and doing heraldic design and consultation for
Catherine and Gregor. As well as assisting with the final cleanup
of the hall. I did notice your absence...as well as the lack of
participation by the aforementioned "less than civil comment
dropper"... Did either surprise me? Not really...

I find the future of the Barony rife with possibility...mostly
good...yet some aspects are not so bright. It just depends on a
number of factors...all of which are out of my control...as to
which way the future trends.

I, for one, will support the Crown and the Crown Heirs' decision
on the next Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort with all of my
heart. My Oath of Fealty as well as my own sense of ethics and
fair play require it of me... However, I still pray to those
which I hold Holy that everyone supports the combined Royals'
decision for real and true reasons... Although, I fear and expect
that for some everything will remain exactly the same...hidden
agendas and subterfuge. Such is life...Oy...!

Still...I do raise my drinking horn filled with Holy Mead and
give word fame to the good hardworking folk of Raven's Fort, to
the candidates all four, and a bright fun filled future for all!
I know that Jane, Lorraine and I will certainly enjoy the coming
years of fun in Raven's Fort...*wide smile*

Your good neighbor...

Kief - Vicar for another six weeks or so - yet Baron Raven's Fort
for ever...

p.s. Oh...to the deadbeat with the beets...you can be assured
that you are so wrong in your assumptions...

~K.

======

--- "David R. Hoffpauir" <env_drh at shsu.edu> wrote:

> I left without saying goodbye last night.  I had too.  Imagine
> that, dsd actually lost his temper!

**snipped**

> It was an insult, plain and simple, and an indicator of things
> simmering just below the surface with at least one person.  It
> was, straight up, second-class behavior.  There was no mirth or
> joy in it that would allow one to think it was a joke.  It
> cannot be laughed off.  It was meant and said to be mean and it
> had no business at our revel.

**snipped**

> Any intentionally mean or ugly behavior is simply not the sort
> of thing we want to see in Raven's Fort.

**snipped**

**snipped again**